Episode #158 - Parenting Myths Week One
Click the picture to listen to the episode.
This week is the first week in a two-part series on Parenting Myths! Beliefs about parenting that are generally held to be true, yet are as wrong as wrong can be…and wrong can be pretty wrong! Listen in as the guys discuss Myth #1- Kids should never see their parents argue, and Myth #2- The kids always come first. How can these two be so wrong, when they feel so right? Let’s discuss.
Links to information discussed in the show:
Solution for Myth #1:
1. Teach that conflict is normal, healthy and not to be avoided
2. Teach and model for our children that people who love each other argue and still love each other
3. After a conflict, allow the children to experience the resolution
4. Aim for respectful dialogue
5. Infuse conflict with hope
Solution for Myth #2:
1. Teach and model self denial. NO
2. Teach and model the importance of marriage
Billy Myers: www.therapywithbilly.com