Click the picture to listen to the episode.
Pornography. One of the most devastating “drugs” of our time. The Pairadocs discuss how you can begin avoiding the temptations and living in freedom from the temptation of pornography.
Links to information discussed in the show:
Huffington Post - statistics on pornography
Parenting in the Digital Age of Pornography
Raising an Original
K9 web protection
Quotes from the Show:
3 Things that are the Problem with Pornography
- it is an addictive substance (chasing the buzz)
- pornographic ideal
- the objectification of women
Change how we view pornography - it does leave victims.
Begin the conversation.
Normalize sex in our homes.
Sexually pursue your wife in front of your children.
Put software on every smart device in the household.
Don't be afraid to get rid of smart technology.
Dr. Jimmy Myers on Twitter: @docjimmymyers, Instagram: @jmyersfam, and Facebook: @docjimmymyers
Dr. Josh Myers on Twitter: @docjoshmyers, Instagram: @docjoshmyers, and Facebook: @docjoshmyers
Take a Seat on the Couch:
If this episode hits home for you. If you believe you and your family struggle with this particular area, read below for next steps for you and your family:
1. Put blocking/monitoring software on all devices in your home.
2. Begin the conversation. Don't just be satisfied with "yes" or "no" answers. Get the details! The more that is talked about and brought into the light, the better.
3. Get accountable. You must be in community and have people speaking truth to you. Find a friend, spouse, pastor or counselor.
4. If you'd like more assistance in this area, contact Jimmy, Josh or one of their licensed professionals at www.timothycenter.com.