Click the picture to listen to the episode.
Have you ever known a snowflake? The Pairadocs discuss how not to produce a snowflake in today’s show. Listen in as they share insight in how to yield fully functioning adults by the end of adolescence.
Links to information discussed in the show:
Generation Snowflake Definition
College that removed scales in their gym
Millenials don't consider themselves adult until 30
Simon Sinek on Millenials
Quotes from the Show:
What do we do to make sure we do not raise a snowflake?
- we have to disappoint them
- kick them out of your home if they are old enough
-concept of ownership
-the home does not revolve around the children
Dr. Jimmy Myers on Twitter: @docjimmymyers, Instagram: @jmyersfam, and Facebook: @docjimmymyers
Dr. Josh Myers on Twitter: @docjoshmyers, Instagram: @docjoshmyers, and Facebook: @docjoshmyers
Take a Seat on the Couch:
If this episode hits home for you. If you believe you and your family struggle with this particular area, read below for next steps for you and your family:
1. Sit down with your spouse or Christian community and figure out if you're raising a snowflake.
2. If you are, begin to challenge the child and call them to something more. Require more from them. Have consequences for them if they do not live up to the new expectations.
3. Remove them from your home if they are legal adults refusing to engage life.
4. If you'd like more assistance in this area, contact Jimmy, Josh or one of their licensed professionals at www.timothycenter.com.